Since a lot of people keep asking me for help with converting their Trust Wallet mnemonic to a private key they can import into MetaMask, I decided to write this article. Sharing a link will cost me less time 😉.
This guide consists of only three parts:
- Exporting your mnemonic from Trust Wallet
- Converting mnemonic to private key
- Importing private key into MetaMask
Exporting your mnemonic from Trust Wallet
- Open the Trust Wallet mobile app
- On the bottom right, click on ‘Settings’
- At the top, click on ‘Wallets’
- Click on the
(i)after ‘Main Wallet’
- Click on
Show Secret Phrase
- Click all three checkboxes to confirm you understand the sensitivity of this secret phrase.
- On the next screen, you will see your secret phrase (mnemonic).
🎉 Congratulations on finishing step 1!! 🎉
You now have your mnemonic that we will use in the next step.
Converting mnemonic to private key
- Go to https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39/releases
- Download the latest offline version bip39-standalone.html to your computer. (Turn off your internet connection now if you care about security)
- Open the html file with your browser
- Enter your mnemonic from step 1 in field
- Go to the BIP44 tab
- Scroll down to the table
- Your public address should now match the first row of column ‘Address’!
- Copy your private key from the column ‘Private Key’ and import it to other wallets like MetaMask (next step).
Importing private key into MetaMask
- Open MetaMask mobile app
- On top, click on your avatar to open the bottom menu
- Click on ‘Import an Account’
- Paste the private key of the previous step
- Click on ‘Import’
IMPORT PRIVATE KEY INTO METAMASK
Since a lot of people keep asking me for help with converting their Trust Wallet mnemonic to a private key they can…
🎉 DONE!! 🎉
Did you like this easy-to-follow tutorial? Did it help you? Consider donating some of your tokens to me: